We usually meet on the first Friday of the month at 7:00 pm at the Norkenzie Christian Church, 2530 Crescent Ave., Eugene.
Everyone is welcome and encouraged to attend.
For answers to additional questions about the club, read our FAQ document.
Become a Member
Attend a meeting and fill out a membership application for a first reading, then come to a second meeting and we’ll re-read your membership application then vote to have you become a full member. Pay your annual dues ($12 per individual, $18 per family, or $6 for youth) and you’re in!
If you are a member and wish a club roster, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Get on the Air Station
Our station is available almost every Saturday (when there aren’t U of O home games) from noon to 2:00 pm at the Eugene Science Center, 2300 Leo Harris Pkwy, Eugene. The radio club hosted an open house on Saturday November 5 to demonstrate its new working amateur radio station, W7PXL. Visitors saw new state-of-the-art radio transceivers and radio demonstration equipment, as well as two portable radio transmitters (our Go Boxes.
Come visit, and bring your family!
Club Member E-mails
After becoming a member of the Valley Radio Club, you may join ‘The Reflector’, the club’s email list. This list is open only to club members, as a way to stay in touch, get last minute announcements, and to find out about events. Remember:
– When you send a message, everyone on the list gets it
– The list is managed, so there should be NO spam.
– Subscribe to our email list.
The VRC board believes that having access to a range of high-quality equipment is important, so we have a lending library for club members. Items are signed out and loaned for two weeks at a time. (Powerpole connectors & weatherization tape are consumable.)
To borrow any or several of these items, contact our club librarian (email@example.com) who can even help you learn how to use them if you need.
We operate on and support two local repeaters.
- 146.72 MHz (2 meter) with a 100 Hz sub-tone. It is also available via EchoLink as W7PXL-R.
- 53.03 MHz (6 meter) with a 100 Hz sub-tone and -1.7 MHz (-1700 kHz) offset.
Club Officers and By-Laws
- President: Riley McLean W7RIL (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Vice-President: Sergio Chinchilla W7SY (email@example.com)
- Treasurer: Brad Dunlap N7BED (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Secretary: John Simpson AI7BQ (email@example.com)
- Member-at-large: Nathan Campbell AI7NC (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Bunny Master: Mike Ashmore WA6OEM (email@example.com)
- Calendar Manager: Janel Erickson N7JBE (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Clothing Manager: Jodi Nichols N6MNM (email@example.com)
- EchoLink Manager: John Simpson AI7BQ
- Equipment Inventory Managers: Nathan Campbell AI7NC & John Simpson AI7BQ
- Facebook Manager: Laura Campbell KA7LMC
- LCSARO Liaison: Matt Dillon W7ARD
- Librarian: Nelson Farrier NF7Z (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- LMARG Liaison: John Simpson AI7BQ
- Mailing List Manager: Chris Schoessler KJ7TJI (email@example.com)
- Membership Roster Manager: Brad Dunlap N7BED (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Net Managers: please see club’s Local Nets page
- Newsletter Editor: Janel Erickson N7JBE (email@example.com)
- Repeater Technicians: Matt Dillon W7ARD & Ken Miller W7PL
- Volunteer Examiner Liaison: Riley McLean W7RIL (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- W7PXL Trustee: Scott Rosenfeld N7JI (email@example.com)
- Web Domain Administrator: Nelson Farrier NF7Z (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Web Editors: Joanna deFelice K7IMJ & Jodi Nichols N6MNM (email@example.com)
- 2023 Field Day Coordinators: Dave Schiavone W7CX & Joyce Schiavone K9JOY
Newsletter: The Valley Voice
To submit a suggestion or an article to the newsletter, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org