Club Email List
After joining Valley Radio Club as a member, you may join our e-mail reflector or ListServ. This list is open to club members only, as a way to stay in touch with last minute announcements and events:
- When one person sends a message, everyone on the list gets it
- The list is managed, so there should be NO spam.
- Subscribe to our email list.
- To unsubscribe, click link at the bottom of the email, enter your email address at the bottom of the page, and press the unsubscribe button
For more information about the club, read our FAQ document.
Club Email Etiquette
- Email questions or announcements appropriate for the ENTIRE club.
- Include your name and call sign at the bottom of each email.
- Send messages such as “thanks for the information” or “me, too” to individuals “Off List”–not to the entire list.
- Messages to enroll in classes or workshops should also be replied to individuals “Off List”–not to the entire list.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list”, to everyone. To unsubscribe from the list, follow the directions at the bottom of the club email message.
- Avoid frequent reminders about repeating events. For example, if a class is 7 sessions, mention the series early on, and then right before the first session–not every session thereafter. Or, if it’s a weekly event, limit reminders to once a month.
- Keep subject lines close to the topics being discussed.
- Do not steal topics by talking about something not related to the subject line. If need be, start a new subject.
Some of the Club Email Rules
- Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials.
- Avoid political topics unless they relate specifically to amateur radio.
- Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner.
- Do not post commercial messages.
- Do not distribute any SPAM, solicitation, jokes, chain letters, petitions for signatures or letters relating to pyramid schemes, missing persons or once-in-a-lifetime deals.
- Do not use the listserv to invite the entire list to join your social network (Facebook, Myspace, Linkedin, etc). You may invite individuals to join your network but may not invite the entire list.
- Regularly scheduled events–especially weekly events–should not be announced weekly, but rather no more frequently than once a month.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials or language are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything in a listserv message that you would not want the world to see that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- The Valley Radio Club reserves the right to terminate access to any user, at any time, for any reason,
- While the members of the Valley Radio Club of Oregon participate and use this email list, the Valley Radio Club of Oregon hosts, and manages this list. The Valley Radio Club officers, and members are not able to view all posts published on this list. As such, the Valley Radio Club of Oregon makes no guarantees as to the quality of content, advice given, or suitability of content with regards to messages or directions given via this email list. You may assume that you will see objectionable material from time to time, and you are responsible for verifying the stability of use for any and all advice given via this email list.
- By use of this mail list, you agree to DEFEND AND HOLD HARMLESS the Valley Radio Club of Oregon, all members, and any involved entities, from any and all litigation arising out of the use of the Valley Radio Club of Oregon email list.
- This is not a compete list of all rules governing the email list.